Pigeons






These are the American Trenton Pigeons, a strand of the famous Homing pigeons that people race. The French, Swiss, Israeli, Iraqi and Chinese armies still use homing pigeons today! Pigeons proved valuable in the Gulf War, as their messaging was not affected by electronic jamming :)

I saw these pigeons feeding on rice outside a desi restaurant today, I tried my best to get close to them for a better photograph but the siren from a nearby ambulance scared them away. Pigeons have the rare ability for a large bird to be able to fly nearly straight up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice reference of Iraq war with pigeons. And I think they look fabulous flying. So, the siren actually did good to the photograph, I guess, no? What's a bird without flight otherwise? Nice shots.

Anonymous said...

beautiful,indeed!
*faiza*